Donate new or gently used books to help students create their own reading library
- GGMG Posted on: Aug 2, 2018 at 4:01pm
Reading Partners envisions a future where every student has access to the resources he/she needs to be a confident reader. Since many families in the Bay Area have few children’s books at home, they give students books to read at home and build their own libraries.
Types of books needed: new or gently used children’s books (Grades K-3)
Suggested authors: Dr. Seuss, Eric Carle, Kevin Henkes, Leo Lionni, Bill Martin Jr., Maurice Sendak, P.D. Eastman
1. Beginning Readers (books with 1 to 2 sentences per page, and 2- to 4-letter words)
2. I Can Read! titles (especially the My First, Level 1 and Level 2 books)
3. All level children’s books with multicultural subjects
4. Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Captain Underpants chapter books
Email email@example.com to coordinate donation drop-off or purchase from the Amazon wishlist at http://a.co/22NnKZy.
- Help Hungry Families Now
- Event Reminder: Child Behavior Management Workshop - Tuesday, 11/5/19 at 6:30pm
- August Playgroup Formation Mixer - 8/25 at 2pm
- Fun evening volunteer opportunity for adults only on Feb. 20
- Make the holidays brighter for a local family by donating to Homeless Prenatal Program
- Parenting Book Club Kickoff is May 24